Question: Straw Poll: What temperature is your Axolotl tank right now? (or whenever you left the house?)

What temperature is your tank?

• Total voters
Ok thank you they are ok at 69-70 but I want to knock it down to around 50 ill look up the c equivalent so a low temperature slows them down but doesn't hurt them I want them healthy and happy sitting or moving I enjoy them

Attachments

• 20140623_202044.jpg
    20140623_202044.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 755
reading this I'm now quite concerned about using water bottles...I put a couple in the tank before I go to work and they keep it at about 68 but of course by the time I get home sometimes it's almost at 74 so I stick a couple more bottles in and bring it back down to 74 but is this temp change dangerous? it's been staying at 72 once the bottles melt, would it be better to leave them with it just at 72 all the time? I just thought that was too close to the danger zone...

I'd rather let it be at 72 F for short periods of time than make it change a lot during the day. If you get a fan it could bring the temperature down by a few degrees. Or if you can place the tank near ac and have it blow at the water, it'll keep it down.
Ice bottles aren't very good unless you can change them often.

sorry I just saw your response to this but I have since put my little guys in a 20 gallon long tank (they've grown tons!) and the tank is in a different spot, it sits at about 70 and I put a 2 liter frozen bottle in and that only drops it to 68 but it seems to steady for 6-8 hours seeing as its only a couple degrees it seems much better but thank you so much for your response :)

I have trouble keeping it lower as it is summer and quite hot here
:(

My 20 gallon long tank has been cycling for about 10 days now and the temp seems to be hanging around 66 degrees (19 C), and no higher than 68. I'm happy with that. When summer comes I'm hoping I won't have any issues, I usually keep my place well cooled because I don't tolerate heat well either. :eek:

Straw Poll: What temperature is your Axolotl tank right now? (or whenever you...

My axie tank is currently at 13 degrees c. They have no heater or chiller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Straw Pole: What temperature is your Axolotl tank right now? (or whenever you left the house?)

the 2 main tanks are at 18c and the isolation tank at 12c

What's the cut off point temperature wise ..or what's the maximum temp acceptable ??

In degrees F please .)

I hoped to keep in my reptile room but the temps never go under 71F which is probably too high so I'm keeping him in a cooler room for now.

So what's the highest temperature they are comfortable at ?

I keep my apartment at about 74 F, and just have a computer fan cooling the tank via evaporation. It usually stays about 67 F. My tank hit 72 F last week when my AC died however and they were more than fine. I wouldn't keep them that high permanently though.

my tank is usually around 21-23 but sometimes it's up at 25 or higher
i pop in an ice bottle and it's good :cool:

Bump :) Also, I have a new tank and IDK how i am supposed to cycle? I have put food in my tank but my local fish stores dont have any ammonia sources!!! The food will hopefully act as this source but I dont know what to do. Also on the temperature side, my tank is right now at 70 degrees. I put ice in the tank, put in tons of cold water during water changes and the tank goes down to like 58 degrees but then just bumps back up to 70 again!?

Thanks in advance,
- Jack

I keep my tank at 63-66 F and they eat and grow just fine.

Aww, look at that nice bell curve!

(/nerd moment)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
  • Anlucero:
    I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his tank. I have a 20 gallon tank. No other tank mates. 2 hides and a bare bottom. I didn't feed him the last two days. His belly looks swollen and dark in color. I believe it is the food you can see. I fed him blood worms and soft quick sinking axoloty pellets. I tested his water today. Ph was 7.6. The nitrite and nitrate were both zero. The ammonia was 0.25 ppm. I was advised to cycle my tank due to the lack of nitrate. I added Seachem stability 10 ml to my tank yesterday and 5 ml today. I have a tank chiller. The water temp is set at 64. He is still active, but his tail floats up when he is moving about the tank. I am on the fence about fridging him. I also don't know how long to go without feeding him. I don't want to harm him. Please help asap. Thank you.
    +1
    Unlike
    Anlucero: I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his... +1
    Back