Photos of my new Paludarium (building process)

Wow, that is the nicest Paludarium i have ever seen, great use of space! it is very pleasing to look at CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I wish i could do that
sad.gif
That looks amazing!
Cant believe you did that form scratch

Blake - I'm not familiar with the american or english terms for tile glue, I just translated it freely from the dutch word "tegel lijm" It is used to stick tiles against a wall.

Meagan - Thanks for your nice comment!

Laura - You can do it too! It really isn't that hard. It just takes time and a little imagination that's all!

Dude that is an awesome tank! Im thinking of doing something like this so your step process really helps! Nice job

I really liked the way you worked everything in a totally different way than what is typically seen like the Blackjungle.com idea most are familiar with. That looks great!

tempex

the "tile glue" you used.. is it the same thing as grout? like, what you use to fill in between the tiles? or is there a separate glue that you use for like, sticking tiles to the floor or something?
whats tempex is it like styrophoam

what's tempex

tempex is that the same thing as styrofoam?

I used the stuff that is made out of those little white balls. Styrofoam is more dense I believe, and should be better for this.

excuse a new ones silly questions.
Why do you put black silicone, what is the purpose of applying silicone for in the sides of the vivarium?
attachment.php

------

By Tempex you mean polysterine?

And what exactly are tannins?

Oh and can you upload a photο of the paludarium right now after so many months of constructing and planting?

Thanks in advance ;)

Attachments

• black_silicone.jpg
    black_silicone.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 2,246
I think the black silicone is there to hide the great stuff

and I ywould also like to see an updated pic, how did the moss and plants hold up?

Um as I have read the cocopeat is covering the great stuff. Th silicone sealent is to make the "stairs" stick to the floor. And nice job by the way!

Hi , first that a great job you've done

But i have a question, did you removed the styrofoam after you create the land area or d, sorry it my question sound dump, but I'm curious because I want to build something like that after I'm done with my paludarium

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back