Photo: My pregnant axolotl?

haha im so confused , everybody is saying 2 things to me lol , i think personally she is full of eggs and just needs my male to lay sperm down , but he is just old and lazy lol , ive been trying to get my hands on black worm and live black worm but the aquarium shops near me dont have any , they have live blood worm would that be just as good?? and also does live food kinda bring on the male to court her ?? :p:happy:

Your more likely to get live worms from fishing tackle shops that sell live bait, my local one sold me 1/4 kilo of live worms and the breed quickly so soon grew to have many many worms myself now no longer need to buy them :) x

Your more likely to get live worms from fishing tackle shops that sell live bait, my local one sold me 1/4 kilo of live worms and the breed quickly so soon grew to have many many worms myself now no longer need to buy them :) x
I have alot of earth worms just need to get black worm , or is earth worms alright ?? :) and also do earth worms breed easyily? :p because id would love to have alot of them , i have about 20 earth worms right now as i free'd some in my garden because i felt bad for them haha:D

I have alot of earth worms just need to get black worm , or is earth worms alright ?? :) and also do earth worms breed easyily? :p because id would love to have alot of them , i have about 20 earth worms right now as i free'd some in my garden because i felt bad for them haha:D

Well i was going to get 2 tubs of earthworms from shop at a time n he said look love your payin 3.20 for 2 tubs n get about 30 worms but i can get u a 1/4 kilo for £5 i said "what would i do with them" like a scared child haha n he explained just get a large plastic tub i put soil in n its like a mini compost i put damp newspaper on top (no idea why just what he said) n all my veggie skins n stuff i often find little wormys n always seem to be loads havent run out anyway so im guessing they breed easy.. N i only give earthworms id never heard of black worms till on here a few days ago.. Earthworms is fine x

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363019250.229379.jpg
This is my 3.. Only fed earthworm wouldnt say theres anything under weight about them haha x

Just wondering if your axolotl has laid any eggs yet? Would love an update....

Just wondering if your axolotl has laid any eggs yet? Would love an update....
Still no eggs unfortunatly, ive reduced her diet abit to see if it was just food, i will deffnatly keep everybody updated :happy:

My Luna has layed sperm every where :grin::D im uploading a photo but number 1 my camera is really bad number 2 as they have swam about they have made most of the sperm stick together into a big ball :( and number 3 if your wondering what the brown stuff is, its there poo :( they had one last night while i was asleep and decided to make a mess every were -.- ive cleaned most of it out but there are silly :p

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,261
Hi my female was like that and I thought she had been overeating and then week later there are 200+ eggs scattered around the tank! Lol. Any sign off eggs?:happy:

Hi my female was like that and I thought she had been overeating and then week later there are 200+ eggs scattered around the tank! Lol. Any sign off eggs?:happy:

Amazing im super jelouse hahah , no eggs :( unfortunatly she ate the sperm :( lmfao

Amazing im super jelouse hahah , no eggs :( unfortunatly she ate the sperm :( lmfao

oh dear...hmmmm. well to be honest i didnt even see any spermaphores in my tank before mine started laying. this is a photo of my 'little' lady:uhoh: depositing eggs..this was about 100 eggs into the laying process and you can see how massive she was. she went back to normal once she finished.:happy:

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3,794
oh dear...hmmmm. well to be honest i didnt even see any spermaphores in my tank before mine started laying. this is a photo of my 'little' lady:uhoh: depositing eggs..this was about 100 eggs into the laying process and you can see how massive she was. she went back to normal once she finished.:happy:

Awhh bless her , she so cute :D xx

I have a question because I think mine is going to lay eggs too. How long it takes. She starts to be big. She always eat much but still in the same weight until now. I introduce a male that I but and have separate until one or two weeks ago. But I have tried to read about this time when the female is in this transition of time but found nothing. That´s why your question and some anwers give me an idea of my fixation about her weight. Hope somebody can reply to the period of time before the laying of eggs!

I have a question because I think mine is going to lay eggs too. How long it takes. She starts to be big. She always eat much but still in the same weight until now. I introduce a male that I but and have separate until one or two weeks ago. But I have tried to read about this time when the female is in this transition of time but found nothing. That´s why your question and some anwers give me an idea of my fixation about her weight. Hope somebody can reply to the period of time before the laying of eggs!

Hi can I ask how old your female is ? :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
  • Anlucero:
    I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his tank. I have a 20 gallon tank. No other tank mates. 2 hides and a bare bottom. I didn't feed him the last two days. His belly looks swollen and dark in color. I believe it is the food you can see. I fed him blood worms and soft quick sinking axoloty pellets. I tested his water today. Ph was 7.6. The nitrite and nitrate were both zero. The ammonia was 0.25 ppm. I was advised to cycle my tank due to the lack of nitrate. I added Seachem stability 10 ml to my tank yesterday and 5 ml today. I have a tank chiller. The water temp is set at 64. He is still active, but his tail floats up when he is moving about the tank. I am on the fence about fridging him. I also don't know how long to go without feeding him. I don't want to harm him. Please help asap. Thank you.
    +1
    Unlike
    Anlucero: I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his... +1
    Back