Live Worms for Tiger Salamander Question

JoshuaTGFGamer1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm unsure if this is the right place to ask cus I'm new here, but I've had a Tiger Salamander (who I've dubbed Wooper), for a few months, thought he was an Axolotl cus I got him as a larvae, anyways, I've been feeding him canned crickets from Walmart and I know that live worms are a much better option for Tigers. Only issue is that the closest petstore near me (which would be the next town over) doesn't sell them for some reason, but I think my local Walmart does. However, the live worms are meant to be used as bait, and I am uncertain as to if they are safe to feed Wooper those worms as I know that worms can have certain bacteria that can be harmful or fatal to salamanders. I don't know if bait worms are specifically bred to be disease and bacteria free, so I thought I should ask here before I buy them from Walmart to see if they're safe for him to eat.

Don't get ones that have dye in them. Otherwise, sure you can use store bought worms. You can also just dig them out of the ground if your ground is not frozen yet. Good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back