Introducing another axy to our 4 year old .

MelissaKenyon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, how am i best introducing my 4 year old axy to another?
Shes so friendly and loves interacting with us , she sits in our gands in tye water and looks for us to interact. Wed love a little friend for her , if its safe to do .

there are a few things to be aware of, ensure biological filtration is large enough to cope with an increase in waste (it will be doubling the load on the filtration), ensure the tank is large enough, make sure there are plenty of hides/caves and areas where they can have solitude, make sure they are roughly equal in size, make sure they are well fed (most bickering and injuries are due to fighting over food), ensure they are of the same sex.

there are a few things to be aware of, ensure biological filtration is large enough to cope with an increase in waste (it will be doubling the load on the filtration), ensure the tank is large enough, make sure there are plenty of hides/caves and areas where they can have solitude, make sure they are roughly equal in size, make sure they are well fed (most bickering and injuries are due to fighting over food), ensure they are of the same sex.
Thank you so much for the very helpful information.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • mynewtnameddettie:
    Is my newt okay if I poke it? I think I accidentally poked him too hard and I'm worried I hurt him. Help lol
    +1
    Unlike
  • Michelle1981:
    Hello, I’m looking for fire bellied newts that will ship to Ontario, Canada. Are there any captive breeders here? I’ve had many in the past and I’m looking to get a pair for my 12 yr old. I will be the care taker!
    +1
    Unlike
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
    AxieCrazy: My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple... +1
    Back