How to get expanding foam out of pipe

Lilibugz

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I’m making a paladarium with a drip wall/waterfall type of feature. I did a spray foam background and created a space behind it to run the tubing and wording through. Long story short I used egg crate to create the space and packed it tightly full of plastic bags to keep the foam from going into it. I followed a video tutorial as this is my first time trying doing any sort of waterfall feature and I saw someone have success with this method but I didn’t make the space big enough to reach in with just my hand like they did. Unfortunately the foam managed to get through a small spot in the middle and I can’t get it out. Looking back I definitely should’ve just used a pvc pipe or corrugated plastic but it’s too late for all that. Any advice on getting the spray foam out of that spot? It’s too deep for me to reach as it’s in the middle of a 3 foot space. Around an inch or 2 of it is fully foamed closed. I’ve tried wire, and even managed to stick a broom handle down it but still can’t get it to push out.

try isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and if that doesn't work try acetone (nail varnish remover) be aware though that acetone can react with/melt some plastics so try isopropyl first.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back