Exo Terra flat XL Faunarium (product review)

thrispen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I purchased an extra large (18" x 12" x 6.5") flat 'Faunarium' (item PT2310) by Exo Terra for my pet tiger salamander. At first I had reservations about purchasing a plastic enclosure over a more durable glass terrarium, but due to economic reasons it became the obvious choice for me. I have to say, for most part I've been pleased with the quality. The only annoying issue I've found is that the hinges of the plastic lids are frustratingly easy to break, but that's not a major issue for me since I opt to remove the entire top of the container for feeding and cleaning duties. I use coir topped with moss for his substrate, and also provide an acrylic "cave" for him to hide under and a large Tupperware container for water. From what I can tell he's very comfortable, although I would like to move him to a larger glass terrarium once my budget allows. Overall, I'd highly recommend this product to any salamander-keeper who is seeking a more affordable alternative to glass enclosures.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back