ceramic axolotl hides!

AT LAST, IT IS DONE!
12497F60-8AE6-4FA7-B905-7932D63C2F2B.jpeg
690249C0-8311-4AE7-8FE4-D4216E6CD012.jpeg

it does have some cosmetic issues and so it will be about 25 less than it was originally going to be (150)
putting it up on my etsy now- name is axolotlnerdcreations!

having difficulty putting it on my etsy, will update when i do

if anyone has any ideas for hides or anything else they’d like to see made (or attempted to be made, i suppose) and out up for sale feel free to suggest things via this thread or through pm’s :)
- in the future i will have an option on my etsy for a custom hide, but for now we can just play around with it like this. if you give me an idea and i make it, feel no need to purchase it, you are not at all obligated to. i just need ideas :)

making an axolotl, not as a hide but just to see if i can. may or may not sell it depending on wether or not i destroy it when i stop feeling motivated
image.jpg

got bored and destroyed the clay axolotl. oh well.
here’s a vid of me working rather uneventfully, mostly just polishing things up :)

working on some cheap throwaway pieces that’ll probably go for like $5 plus shipping- inspired by some eye hides i saw online- i intend to make mine just solid colors though, not going for the realistic style that the other artist did - definitely going to clean the, up a bit before glazing and selling them :)
(i think i’ve posted pictures of the inspiration i took, but ill do it again because the other artist deserves full credit for the idea, i’ll try to figure out who made the original piece as well)
image.jpg

like this. don’t know the artists name but will look into it a bit more, i intend to do something similar but to avoid making their exact piece i’ll do just like a solid color such as blue or green. i’ll sketch up a picture of what i mean if that’s not clear enough hah

i’m firing four or five pieces today, then they’ll be painted and glazed. most are half log pieces with the exception of a tree stump and a mushroom
probably gonna go for 15-30 depending on size and effort i put into them - logs will likely be like 15 ish

pleased to report all five of the pieces made it through firing - three are logs, one is a tree trunk, and the last is a mushroom :)
i intend to glaze them today and get them fired again next week :)

pleased to report that the mushroom and strawberry hide are being fired soon, as well as the log and tree stump for glazing. logs and tree stump will be on my etsy shortly after completion

making an abstract one that looks roughly like a mango, probably going to smooth it out and make it into one

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Anlucero:
    I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his tank. I have a 20 gallon tank. No other tank mates. 2 hides and a bare bottom. I didn't feed him the last two days. His belly looks swollen and dark in color. I believe it is the food you can see. I fed him blood worms and soft quick sinking axoloty pellets. I tested his water today. Ph was 7.6. The nitrite and nitrate were both zero. The ammonia was 0.25 ppm. I was advised to cycle my tank due to the lack of nitrate. I added Seachem stability 10 ml to my tank yesterday and 5 ml today. I have a tank chiller. The water temp is set at 64. He is still active, but his tail floats up when he is moving about the tank. I am on the fence about fridging him. I also don't know how long to go without feeding him. I don't want to harm him. Please help asap. Thank you.
    +1
    Unlike
    Anlucero: I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his... +1
    Back