Question: Bruised axolotl

axies@maxies_48

Reaction score
Country
Canada
(Pictures below) Hello, I would like to start by saying that I am a big worryer when it comes to my three axolotls so I may just be overreacting. While I was away, my mother and grandmother attempted to move my desk (which originally had two tanks on it) and the tank with my second oldest axolotl, Peewee, fell off and broke. At first, they assured me that Peewee was ok and had no visible injuries but upon my return home (which was a couple days after the incident) I seen that he in fact had a small slice in his tail (that I’m not worried about) and one side of his jaw was bruised. Peewee was stressed out of course and refused to eat what my mother and grandmother attempted to feed him (pellets) but once I returned home he ate from me right away. What I’m trying to say is that although he is acting normal and fine I’m still curious about if there is anything that I can do to help him heal quicker, etc. He isn’t bleeding from anywhere either. Sorry for the long paragraph. As I said, I’m just an anxious axolotl parent.
IMG_8816.jpeg
IMG_8815.jpeg
IMG_8814.jpeg

monitor the water parameters (ensure temperature is cold enough with no spikes in nitrogen compounds) should heal fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back