Axies and Crickets

Guys .... play nice. (Who thought that I of all people would be saying that? But I digress ...)

Jenny --
When you first got your small axolotl, was it injured (ie: missing any limbs, etc.)? My small leucistic was missing some hands/feet when I first got it, so I'm going to say that since it had to focus more energy into regenerating its missing limbs, that it stunted its growth a bit. If your smaller one was missing limbs as well, that its growth was probably slowed due to having to regenerate, but I wouldn't worry if that's the case.

I got my leucistic (in my user picture,) with my golden in September, and at that time they were both about 3 inches, but now the golden is reaching 7 and the leucistic is a little over 5.

KC your last comment is not acceptable.

Do not post personal insults again, in any thread!

If I see it one more time I will request a ban on your IP. We appreciate your knowledge and for the most enjoy your input but this will not continue. Consider this a warning.

Jenny, I understand that you were provoked and annoyed but the same goes for you. I will not tolerate trading insults.

If you have a complaint send an email direct to me or one of the other topic moderators...and we will take action.

<font color="ff0000">This thread has been called to my attention. I'm about to delete the offending threads after I finish writing this.

Kaysie: Deliberately insult someone like that again and you know what I will do. You were not provoked, you did it of your own free will. Jenny said something that most of us would say is wrong, but insulting her, as you did, is out of the question.

Jenny: You were insulted and you proceeded to say a lot of things in return that were equally or more insulting. Please, in future, if someone says something like this to you in a thread, report it to Mikki (the Axolotl Moderator and all-round nice guy) or myself. We will deal with it.</font>

he wasnt missing any limsb but he had a fungus infection but then he was okay and he had a permanently open mouth. my other one i bought the same time is 3 times bigger than him now. i think cecil grew about a cm at the most.

but he died yesterday. i dont know why. he seemed fine and ate okay and had a good appetite. it would have been so cool to have a permanently small axie!

Hi Jenny, sorry to hear of your loss. Are you confident your small axie is getting sufficient to eat?

Remind us how many are in the tank and their sizes please? If this small axie is only a few cm and the larger is 175-200mm you could simply pop a bag of 'washed' brine shrimp in the tank every day and he will get plenty. The larger ones will simply ignore the the brine shrimp.

it was the small axy that died. when he was found he had been attacked by the larger axie who he shared a tank with that was about 18inches. but i dont know if the larger axie went for him after he died or if that was how he died. the larger axy wasnt as big as it hought. hes about 4-5 inches not 6 but hes still more bigger and plump than the small one. they ate the same amount ish. i breed my own worms so i have different sizes to feed.

Re: Other fish in tank

I tried my axies on feeder fish. They didn't eat them but I noticed that if I had one feeder fish in there it would stay well away from the axies but as soon as I put more in they started to pick at the gills so I took them out. Must get more confident in a group.
I might try them again when my axies are a bit bigger but I won't be leaving them in there if they don't get eaten.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Michelle1981:
    Hello, I’m looking for fire bellied newts that will ship to Ontario, Canada. Are there any captive breeders here? I’ve had many in the past and I’m looking to get a pair for my 12 yr old. I will be the care taker!
    +1
    Unlike
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
  • Anlucero:
    I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his tank. I have a 20 gallon tank. No other tank mates. 2 hides and a bare bottom. I didn't feed him the last two days. His belly looks swollen and dark in color. I believe it is the food you can see. I fed him blood worms and soft quick sinking axoloty pellets. I tested his water today. Ph was 7.6. The nitrite and nitrate were both zero. The ammonia was 0.25 ppm. I was advised to cycle my tank due to the lack of nitrate. I added Seachem stability 10 ml to my tank yesterday and 5 ml today. I have a tank chiller. The water temp is set at 64. He is still active, but his tail floats up when he is moving about the tank. I am on the fence about fridging him. I also don't know how long to go without feeding him. I don't want to harm him. Please help asap. Thank you.
    +1
    Unlike
    Anlucero: I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his... +1
    Back