IMPORTANT: Post limit

Sorry about being a big offender john i shall stop posting so much. I didn't know i was being a pest. I shall restrict to about four. Sorry man

I've been here on and off for some time, but I'm surprised by such a restriction.

However, I would hope you take the serious posters into due consideration, and view "offenders" messages for relevance before suspension - as I am in the habit of posting quite a lot when I come by.

"Transgressions may result in suspension from the forum." See that "may". That's the operative word.

Kara, just like to second your point, i have noticed that as well.

Jen- your quote "it does help newbies to know if an answer is coming from an old-timer or from another newbie"

i think the problem with that is you have some "newbies"who have spent years in the hobby, who have just joint the forum, and then you have people who have just started and posted a substantial amount of help questions, resulting in their status of active member.

i am an in between, but i know of a fair few junior members you deserve my higher status more than me.

John, and and everyone else. i personally tend to post in spurts (though admittedly not at the moment). i was the sort of person that tended to go on maybe 3 or 4 days a week and posted maybe 15 times per night. i dont know if anyone else does this as well, but, i was wondering whether maybe it might be better to have a weekly post limit.

just a suggestion, has probably come up already, but would like to find out what others think of this as well.

EDIT (sorry its on thw wrong thread, but my personal limit is up, but i felt you might like to know)

i first found this site in november, and was immediately very impressed, with not only the huge amount of expertise from other members, but also the great easy to use layout of the forum. one thing that made my stay, and try to get more involved with caudata, is the forum.
i think the layout is one thing that makes to forum so brilliant, especially for new and unexperianced forum-goers, and its one thing thats kept me away from other forums.
on hearing that you might change the forum, i just thought you might like to know. although in the end, whatever you think is best for the forum, and the caudata family, i will back.

(Message edited by carpy on April 25, 2007)

Well I'm in the process of transferring operations from here to the new place. In the new software your posts are tallied but setting user status is at the discretion of the moderators. We can pick out people we think are high quality and helpful posters and give them a status that makes them immune to limits. There aren't many of these people (and some of you have already been contacted about the limit issue).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back