Axolotl Metamorphosis?

I don't know whether he will try and eat your frog but there are warnings about housing axolotls with certain breeds of rana in the same areas due to aeromonas infection, please research whether there could be health concerns before housing together.

Update: I built a little paludarium
I used the 35, just because it's bigger. There is a large-ish bin of soil with gravel and stones in the bottom (just to weigh it down). There is a sponge filter, a little 3-brick staircase that leads out of the water and to the dirt, and a weeded area covered with fake weeds (I couldn't use real ones as they wouldn't grow well in that environment)
I ended up putting the frog in with him (after doing some research, thanks wolfen). I have had her for about a year and she has been clean and healthy.
Right before I wrote this, she was yelling at me. Also right before this I gave my axie buddy a juicy worm(harvasted from my 10 gallon terrarium/worm farm)

Update: I built a little paludarium
I used the 35, just because it's bigger. There is a large-ish bin of soil with gravel and stones in the bottom (just to weigh it down). There is a sponge filter, a little 3-brick staircase that leads out of the water and to the dirt, and a weeded area covered with fake weeds (I couldn't use real ones as they wouldn't grow well in that environment)
I ended up putting the frog in with him (after doing some research, thanks wolfen). I have had her for about a year and she has been clean and healthy.
Right before I wrote this, she was yelling at me. Also right before this I gave my axie buddy a juicy worm(harvasted from my 10 gallon terrarium/worm farm)
we would love too see pictures!!

blade.png

My axolotl when he was younger. He looks so much different!
Btw if you're wondering why the bottom one is purple, That's when he was fresh into his 20 gallon (he was in a 10). I had a grow light over his tank for the anubias and java moss and I hadn't sorted out the light. I didn't have it on all the time and he had several areas to hide, and now that tank (which is where he and his son lived) doesn't even have a light or any plants. I moved them to my neocaridina/bladder snail breeding aquarium.
I'll get some pics of his progress and the new paludarium.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back