Question: Reptisafe?

Elliriyanna

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently started using reptisafe and was wondering if there is a reason this is not one of the recommended dechloraters on ... I forget which care sheet. I checked out the other three but I liked the convenient squeeze bottle with this.

If its not good enough I will certainly switch, But I was just curious.

I use Reptisafe for all of my animals. Never had a problem.

I use to use reptisafe and aquatize but i was told the painful truth about dechlorinators...they are all the same. According to a vet i took my salamander to for a check up, all dechlorinators have the same ingredients and they just charge you more for reptile or amphibian dechlorinators by sticking a picture on it and saying it's special.

I know they are all the same :) Where I get mine from they are all pretty much the same price so I figured I would get the one that worked the best for my needs.

I prefer Seachem Prime just because it has the extra utility of being able to bind ammonia into ammonium. Always useful to have around, just in case you have a mini-cycle or some other circumstance your fish/amphibian will be exposed to ammonia.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
  • Anlucero:
    I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his tank. I have a 20 gallon tank. No other tank mates. 2 hides and a bare bottom. I didn't feed him the last two days. His belly looks swollen and dark in color. I believe it is the food you can see. I fed him blood worms and soft quick sinking axoloty pellets. I tested his water today. Ph was 7.6. The nitrite and nitrate were both zero. The ammonia was 0.25 ppm. I was advised to cycle my tank due to the lack of nitrate. I added Seachem stability 10 ml to my tank yesterday and 5 ml today. I have a tank chiller. The water temp is set at 64. He is still active, but his tail floats up when he is moving about the tank. I am on the fence about fridging him. I also don't know how long to go without feeding him. I don't want to harm him. Please help asap. Thank you.
    +1
    Unlike
    Anlucero: I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his... +1
    Back