Question: Not Interested ???

Aaron71w

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well one of my male axolotls has been laying spermaphores for the second time within a month but has not been interested in the female hes acting like usual. is this normal to just lay the spermaphores and go about like his usual self, they all still have caps on the top except for one

It seems he is interested in the female if he is producing spermaphores. What kind of changes were you looking for? Buying roses and candies, taking her out to expensive dinners?

It seems he is interested in the female if he is producing spermaphores. What kind of changes were you looking for? Buying roses and candies, taking her out to expensive dinners?

Shizeric~ this might be your greatest post ever. : )

Regarding the question about being interested in the female...

Peanut, my male, does not seem all that interested in my female, but they consistently produce eggs every month. To be honest, I have only seen one spermataphore in the tank, and yet they have been producing eggs for months.

If your male is producing spermataphores, it sounds like he is holding up his end of the deal.

Well I haven´t seen eggs yet so I'm guessing she might not be interested

Last edited by a moderator:
What does he do for a living?

Does he still live with his parents?

Okay, so now you are reducing your adorable pets to "scrubs" and "gold diggers." You guys are sick! :dizzy:

In my opinion, he's just acting like a guy who is just out for one thing and maybe, she's just not that kind of girl!! :angel:

Last edited:
Now now, folks, let's try and stay constructive. I suggest playing some Barry White.

Aaron, everything I have read, heard, and experienced indicates that the males are often much readier to breed than the females, and that the final decision lies with the lady. If she does not accept, nothing happens. In addition, although my axolotls have had many, many clutches, I have never witnessed the "push and shove" axolotls are reported to perform. The real indicator is whether or not you get eggs, and if they are to come, they will come witin 24 hours, so there isn't much wait involved.

Good luck to you (and your little Romeo).

-Eva

Thanks for your responses I woke agian this morning and both males are at it agian and this they are trying to get the females attention but I think it mite be failing

is it normal for the axolotl to try and nudge the female around and not be any Spermatophores cause when i left the house tis morning i didn't see any but they were both pushing the female around and cloaca's were swollen, but if the female picked them up wouldn't their be still the jelly cone left

You may not notice the jelly cone. I actually did notice the cone missing its top then the next morning Ta-da!! Eggworld!.

My male dropped spermatophores for a good few months before my female picked up. Then she layed twice in 4 weeks.

How old is your female?

Mel

I'm not to sure but I have had her six months she was around 9-12 months when I got her from the pet store so I'm guessing she's between 1-2 years old

She could be slightly too young, Fred didn't pick up til she was 14 months, but Florence still hasn't picked up at 16 months.

Fin was dropping his stuff at about 12 months.

He went absoultely frantic just before she picked up , he had dropped about 10 spermatophores and was looking annoyed and bright red!
Thankfully he's chilled back out now!

Mel

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
  • Anlucero:
    I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his tank. I have a 20 gallon tank. No other tank mates. 2 hides and a bare bottom. I didn't feed him the last two days. His belly looks swollen and dark in color. I believe it is the food you can see. I fed him blood worms and soft quick sinking axoloty pellets. I tested his water today. Ph was 7.6. The nitrite and nitrate were both zero. The ammonia was 0.25 ppm. I was advised to cycle my tank due to the lack of nitrate. I added Seachem stability 10 ml to my tank yesterday and 5 ml today. I have a tank chiller. The water temp is set at 64. He is still active, but his tail floats up when he is moving about the tank. I am on the fence about fridging him. I also don't know how long to go without feeding him. I don't want to harm him. Please help asap. Thank you.
    +1
    Unlike
    Anlucero: I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his... +1
    Back