My bf left me and abandoned his axolotl

Bandalanda

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I originally posted on Reddit and they all pointed me here. My boyfriend recently left me and has completely ghosted me. He abandoned his axolotl with me.

I can no longer afford my place and will need to move out and I don't have the resources to take on a new pet.

I am looking to rehome this little guy. All black, I think it is female, about 5 years old. I would include the entire setup including the tank cooler. In New Mexico

Attachments

• 20230705_102835.jpg
    20230705_102835.jpg
    972.4 KB · Views: 717
  • 20230705_102827.jpg
    20230705_102827.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • 20230705_102819.jpg
    20230705_102819.jpg
    995 KB · Views: 106
I'm really sorry that happened to you. Someone who would do that to you and their axolotl doesn't deserve either of you, and you likely dodged a bullet. You might be better off posting this in the For Sale (USA) section of this website. You can also try posting on Craigslist's pet community page, although you will get some interested people who know nothing about axolotl care. I understand rehoming may be urgent and you possibly can't afford to keep this in mind, but I recommend selling to someone who knows what they're doing for the sake of the animal. I think you'll be able to get a decent amount of money for the chiller (over $300 retail), and living in New Mexico, it will definitely be necessary if anyone in-state buys it. I don't know how much care you personally gave the axolotl, but if you have any questions about how to keep it alive and well while you find a new home for her, you're in the right place.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • mynewtnameddettie:
    Is my newt okay if I poke it? I think I accidentally poked him too hard and I'm worried I hurt him. Help lol
    +1
    Unlike
  • Michelle1981:
    Hello, I’m looking for fire bellied newts that will ship to Ontario, Canada. Are there any captive breeders here? I’ve had many in the past and I’m looking to get a pair for my 12 yr old. I will be the care taker!
    +1
    Unlike
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
    AxieCrazy: My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple... +1
    Back