My Axolotl is not eating for about two weeks

acrpz

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone! It’s being two weeks that my Axolotl is not eating. I tried earthworms and frozen food that she used to love, but she shows no interest at all. I checked the water parameters and everything is fine, the temperature is bellow 18°C and she has no signs of stress... can anyone help me with any advice?

Attachments

• C271747D-723A-424F-A366-D7DAB50E74E8.jpeg
    C271747D-723A-424F-A366-D7DAB50E74E8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12,231
Hey, have you had any improvement with your little guy? I'm shocked no one has replied to you on this post until now.

Hey, have you had any improvement with your little guy? I'm shocked no one has replied to you on this post until now.
Hey there! Thanks for your concern ☺️ I tried giving her some blood worms last week and she ate a little bit. After two days I tried an earthworm and she didn’t want it (she used to gobble up the worm every time), but in the next day I tried again and she ate a whole earthworm! Ooohoooooo this was on last week. I tried yesterday again and she didn’t want it... she still looks healthy and fine, but her behaviour seems off... I never saw her swimming energetically like she used to 😢

i had the same problem once. i think you will have to feed her around midnight as this is the time they are most active. also try rubing an earthworm into bloodworms to make the smell stronger. then feed it the earthworm

i had the same problem once. i think you will have to feed her around midnight as this is the time they are most active. also try rubing an earthworm into bloodworms to make the smell stronger. then feed it the earthworm
I will try that, thanks! What was the problem with your baby at the time?

I have no idea what could cause an axolotl to not be a little eating machine anymore. Mine's a huge pig. You did manage to get them to eat. right?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back