Giant Red Mosquito Larvae

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Eva
I just discovered a new food - giant red mosquito larvae! I've never seen or heard of them before. They look really yummy (I can't believe I look at a bug and think that now) and I can't wait to see if my axolotl larvae will like them.

Has anyone heard of these before?

-Eva

are they like bloodworms :confused:

is it the larvae of the 'giant red mosquito' or are the larvae giant and red?

Ali: There are many species of "bloodworm". Some are pretty thick.

Sorry for the confusion.

They are giant bloodworms, I guess. I actually don't know if the mosquitos of red or white larvae are also red or white mosquitos. The larvae never sit in the aquarium long enough to become adult. :frog:

My axolotl larvae did not like the normal red mosquito larvae (bloodworms) so I'm curious to see whether they like these. They are really big, maybe too big for some of the axolotls. We'll see!

Attachments

• DSC04071.jpg
    DSC04071.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 52,676
Last edited:
I often get giant bloodworm for my two, they love them! but I have to feed them with tongs otherwise they get completely lost in the red sand!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • mynewtnameddettie:
    Is my newt okay if I poke it? I think I accidentally poked him too hard and I'm worried I hurt him. Help lol
    +1
    Unlike
  • Michelle1981:
    Hello, I’m looking for fire bellied newts that will ship to Ontario, Canada. Are there any captive breeders here? I’ve had many in the past and I’m looking to get a pair for my 12 yr old. I will be the care taker!
    +1
    Unlike
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
    jcjchdjdj: What are good worms for axolotls +1
    Back