Question: Egg! HELP

g1g5

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Display Name
G1G5
I returned home to my surprise to find my Axolotl's container carpeted with what I presume to be eggs (1-1.5mm black nucleii, with 7mm radius of gel-like transparent layers).

Right.

What am I supposed to do now? Does anyone know a good guide to use?

Even better, does anyone in London want these eggs?

Have done the following:

Shifted egg to new tank, 50 x 20 x 20cm. Tanks sand layered, side filtrated.

Water is from parent tank. No clean dechlorinated water was available. Parent running on tap water. Not good, but unavoidable.

Will not heat aquarium, the longer it takes to hatch the better.

Could anyone suggest an easy to store live food for Axolotl spawn?

PS
I need to leave the country for ~1 month. Is there any way to suspend egg development till I come back?

Hiya. If you cant look after all the babies i would suggest leavin them in the parent tank to be eaten. They will hatch in a couple of weeks and will need feeding every day. The food i use is newly hatched brine shrimp. I hatch it myself. Put an add on the for sale, give away section. Good luck mel

You can also stick the eggs in the fridge (or even outside if it is cold) and it will suspend their development. Plenty of eggs get frozen over in the spring and survive nicely.

Melfly, you live in the UK, you wouldn't know where it is possible to mail order brine shrimps, would you?

Hiya, i buy brine shrimp eggs from ebay. I use aquarium salt to hatch them in pop bottles. If you need any advice let me know. Mel

I agree with Mel, if you don't have the time or resources for the eggs then just let'em go...I find my 2 axies make babies anytime I put them together. So if it happens on accident (sometimes the divider does not stop it!)~ I just cull the eggs and put them on top of my garden (when it's dry) as soon as I see them.
Hatching axie eggs and taking care of them is a little time consuming...but well worth it when you do decide to do it...:happy:
Christine

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
  • Anlucero:
    I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his tank. I have a 20 gallon tank. No other tank mates. 2 hides and a bare bottom. I didn't feed him the last two days. His belly looks swollen and dark in color. I believe it is the food you can see. I fed him blood worms and soft quick sinking axoloty pellets. I tested his water today. Ph was 7.6. The nitrite and nitrate were both zero. The ammonia was 0.25 ppm. I was advised to cycle my tank due to the lack of nitrate. I added Seachem stability 10 ml to my tank yesterday and 5 ml today. I have a tank chiller. The water temp is set at 64. He is still active, but his tail floats up when he is moving about the tank. I am on the fence about fridging him. I also don't know how long to go without feeding him. I don't want to harm him. Please help asap. Thank you.
    +1
    Unlike
    Anlucero: I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his... +1
    Back