Dicamp help needed

phillyphil67

Reaction score
Country
United States
Coastal dicamp not eating, I have 36x18x18 tank, coco fiber substrate a fogger and misting system I think the problem is keeping the temperature down. I can’t get it below 65*. I used 2 gel packs to get the temperature down to 61*. But that won’t last. Any help with temperature control would be great. Food choices also. Currently used earthworms trod dubias and chopped snails with no interest

Attachments

• B539F8DA-8B19-4055-B524-01C8D2DF3AC9.jpeg
    B539F8DA-8B19-4055-B524-01C8D2DF3AC9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 677
Coastal dicamp not eating, I have 36x18x18 tank, coco fiber substrate a fogger and misting system I think the problem is keeping the temperature down. I can’t get it below 65*. I used 2 gel packs to get the temperature down to 61*. But that won’t last. Any help with temperature control would be great. Food choices also. Currently used earthworms trod dubias and chopped snails with no interest
My dicamps will only eat food that moves around. Earthworms are pretty ideal. Crickets work too. They can be a little shy about eating in front of you. Why are you trying to bring the temp below 65F? I can see doing that if the animal is sick or in rough shape but anything below 75F is going to be OK in most circumstances. They also like to swim, a deep water dish with fresh spring water (not tap) will go over well.

My dicamps will only eat food that moves around. Earthworms are pretty ideal. Crickets work too. They can be a little shy about eating in front of you. Why are you trying to bring the temp below 65F? I can see doing that if the animal is sick or in rough shape but anything below 75F is going to be OK in most circumstances. They also like to swim, a deep water dish with fresh spring water (not tap) will go over well.
I sent you a couple of pm’s

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • mynewtnameddettie:
    Is my newt okay if I poke it? I think I accidentally poked him too hard and I'm worried I hurt him. Help lol
    +1
    Unlike
  • Michelle1981:
    Hello, I’m looking for fire bellied newts that will ship to Ontario, Canada. Are there any captive breeders here? I’ve had many in the past and I’m looking to get a pair for my 12 yr old. I will be the care taker!
    +1
    Unlike
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
    AxieCrazy: My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple... +1
    Back