Best Axolotl Pellets

Geckogal

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was looking to diversify my axolotls' diet. I feed my axies earthworms and live black worms, with an occasional treat of a rosy minnow. I was looking for a good brand of nutritional axolotls pellets to feed them. I have heard people give suggestions of salmon and other alternative pellets, but I was looking for an exact brand to buy.

Anyone have a personal recommendations?

I've been researching this as well, and so far the ones that I have seen favorable reviews on is the JBL Novo Lotl.

I haven't tried them yet, but plan on it.

I use Blue Planet axolotl pellets. My axolotl is a nice, healthy weight. I feed her a mix of pellets and earthworms.

I use Blue Planet axolotl pellets. My axolotl is a nice, healthy weight. I feed her a mix of pellets and earthworms.

I use these as well.

I have seen good growth with them as well.

I must say though that using live earthworms results in MUCH less poop, and my 5 big axies have become much more active and look beautiful on the worm only diet.

I've gone from one big to two medium feeds of earthworms per day and am happier with the results.

I must say though that using live earthworms results in MUCH less poop, and my 5 big axies have become much more active and look beautiful on the worm only diet.

I've gone from one big to two medium feeds of earthworms per day and am happier with the results.

I give into his brat-like attitude to worms. Some days he loves them, other days nope he's having none of that. So I give in and give him pellets :eek: and then he'll do the same thing with pellets and I switch to worms.

However I haven't seen a change in poop intervals.

I've used Rangen brand soft moist salmon pellets for years with success. The Ambystoma Genetic Stock Center uses and recommends them.

I've used Rangen brand soft moist salmon pellets for years with success. The Ambystoma Genetic Stock Center uses and recommends them.

I agree, when people say axolotl pellets they are generally speaking of these. They can be purchased in bulk 50lb bags from a feed store or in smaller portions online at Ed's Fly Meat. A couple pounds will last you months.

I couldn't figure out how some people sell their axolotl pellets so cheap. I did the math and found out they make up the difference on higher shipping prices. Check out the caudata.org for sale adds for Rangen brand salmon pellet prices.

This is what I use

Attachments

• 26686d1356844054-axolotl-eating-but-not-getting-fat-help-ea119-_2.jpg
    26686d1356844054-axolotl-eating-but-not-getting-fat-help-ea119-_2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 7,096
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rreu: z +1
    Back