Best Aquarium Safe Glue?

RJF9020

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone had success using an aquarium safe glue? Specifically for attaching decor to the glass? I have a suction tree frog water dish that sits under my HOB filter to catch the flow and keep the current low, the suction holds firm in normal application, however the constant push of the falling water sometimes pushes it down so I’m looking to put a dab of glue on the suction.

B41719CD-DE02-41DC-9E1C-7B8F6F2B760F.jpeg

The safest in my opinion would be 100% silicone. You have to make absolute certain it does not have a mold inhibitor. This additive more than likely will make your animals very sick and may kill them. Years ago a friend used it in a salt water setup and it did kill his fish. Another thing to consider. Silicone will not stick to some plastics, rubber. I've learned that the hard way. You will have to ditch the suction cup. Heres the kicker, you will have to completely drain, than completely break down your whole setup. Before applying silicone to decor, glass you have to make sure all surfaces are completely dry and clean. You can use alcohol to clean nonporus surfaces as the last step before applying silicone. You need to find a way to keep decor in place and the position you prefer, while the silicone sets and that may be a bit tricky. Good luck with your issue.

two part hold fast epoxy. Some of the 2 part aquarium epoxy putty can be applied directly under water. After you use it you will not be able to remove it. If you do it dry superglue will work and is aquarium safe too.

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll have to weigh my options, definitely don’t want to drain the tank, I have shrimp hidden all over I’d have to track down and catch and just got the water parameters perfect.

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll have to weigh my options, definitely don’t want to drain the tank, I have shrimp hidden all over I’d have to track down and catch and just got the water parameters perfect.
Maybe you could attach your decor to something else. Say, an artificial stump, log etc. That protrudes high enough out of the water. That you way you could adhere the 2 pieces together with what ever glue you decide to use, no draining required.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rreu: z +1
    Back