Axolotls for sale Toronto

mizzerman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anybody buy any A. Andersoni or GFP axolotls from the guy selling them in Toronto Canada on Kijiji? Anyways, searched his name and email address and there are alot of warnings about him on the web, about scamming people and such. Don't know if it's true or not. Would love a GFP, hopefully someone has some good news about him.

I have not seen this add on Kijiji, but the best way to ensure you are not getting scammed is to "see before you buy". Also, if you see alot of warnings about this specific person, I would stay away from this ad all together.

If you are looking for axolotls you should first call Menagerie Pet Shop. Im not sure if they have that specific species but they usually have axolotls in stock.

GFP axolotl one just went up today but the anderson salamander one has been up for awhile.

Just thinking about your reply, I usually adhere to the see before you buy policy, but i am in Alberta and want a GFP axolotl more than i wanted that had to have new G.I.JOE tank when i was 12 :) I have axolotls already, but who wouldn't want one that glowed? Too good to be true i guess, would try it if the price wasn't $150.00, thats a little to much to lose to a scam.

Oh and contacted the Managerie place and they don't ship sadly, next time you are there, what are the chances of you buying an albino and sending it my way :) would definitely pay you before hand of course. I have wild and leucistics and am desperately seeking albinos.

Last edited:
Of course :) Where is the ad from? If it is Toronto I can also see about that as well. It might take me a while to get everything in order, alas I am a college student with homework coming out of my ears. I will see about the ad as soon as I can but as for Menagerie, it might take me a bit longer since it is a bit far from me. Keep in touch and I'll see what I can do for you.

Go to kijiji, change the area to Ontario and type in Axolotls. He has an ad up for GFP axolotls and one for A. Andersoni (Anderson salamanders they are similar to axolotls, different lake in Mexico) He stole picture from Ambystoma Genetic Stock Centre page. You can go there to see info on GFP axolotls. Quite neat, have jellyfish protein inserted in genome so glow under certain light.

Here is link GFP Axolotls (Leucistic, Albino, Melanoid, Wild type) - City of Toronto Pets For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada..

Good luck with school!
What are you studying?

I wouldn't trust the kajiji ad.

I'm looking into getting my first axolotls & I would LOVE a gfp, but that looks like a scam, especially if they stole the picture.

From what I can find, it looks like the best bet in Toronto is Managerie pet shop. I spoke to their aquarium manager today & he said a shipment (clutch/litter?) of axolotls would be arriving in early March & they're expecting wild, albino & copper colouration. From what I've read (mostly on this forum lol) copper seems to be fairly rare in Canada. Not quite as cool as gfp, but not a bad option if you're looking for something a bit more rare.

Hey drew,

Yes i contacted the Manegerie pet store but i am in Alberta and they said that they won't ship. Would love an albino one. I'll buy you your first axie if you get one for me and send it to Alberta:proud:. (unless they are selling them for crazy prices). Seen some other places for over $200, and some for 39.99. Hopefully they are reasonably priced. By copper does he mean melanistic or version of wild type?
I have had axies for many years and they have been a joy, good luck and have fun with yours when you get 'em.:D

HEY GTA and PEEL REGION !!!
i have Leucistic & Black Axolotl for Sale!! BEST DEAL you will find in the GTA and PEEL REGION !!

i am in vaugh u could call 416 689 2910 or email me mike_4_23@hotmail.com

they are healthy and eating blood worms

price

1 Axolotl................................$30each
2 or more axolotls..................$25each
4 or more axolotls..................$20each (plus a free carrie home container will hold up to 6 with no problem)

you can check out my kijiji add for pics and my location Leucistic & Black Axolotl for Sale!! BEST DEAL!! - Mississauga / Peel Region Livestock For Sale - Kijiji Mississauga / Peel Region

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
  • Anlucero:
    I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his tank. I have a 20 gallon tank. No other tank mates. 2 hides and a bare bottom. I didn't feed him the last two days. His belly looks swollen and dark in color. I believe it is the food you can see. I fed him blood worms and soft quick sinking axoloty pellets. I tested his water today. Ph was 7.6. The nitrite and nitrate were both zero. The ammonia was 0.25 ppm. I was advised to cycle my tank due to the lack of nitrate. I added Seachem stability 10 ml to my tank yesterday and 5 ml today. I have a tank chiller. The water temp is set at 64. He is still active, but his tail floats up when he is moving about the tank. I am on the fence about fridging him. I also don't know how long to go without feeding him. I don't want to harm him. Please help asap. Thank you.
    +1
    Unlike
    Anlucero: I believe my axolotl is constipated. I got him 8 days ago and have not seen any poop in his... +1
    Back