Illness/Sickness: Axie losing tail tip?

clittlevn

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Hi guys i'm a new member
I'm having 2 axolotls for nearly 2 months now. I'm currently living and studying in Japan.
About my axolotls, I keep them together in 10 gallons tank (I'll upgrade it when i come back to Japan) and treat them with bloodworms cube everyday.
Yesterday i noticed that my Marby lose a small part in his tail tip (look like it got burned or damaged by the fungus) but my Alby still doing fine. I can't figure the reason. My tank is very hot (about 20-25 degrees) but i have no choice because i can't afford a chiller or find a better place for the tank. It's about a month now and i "think" that my axolotls got used to the temp and there's no stress sign. When i bought my axolotls, Marby seemed older than Alby but now Alby grew bigger than his friend. Lately Marby eats less than his friend and i think he got sick or something.
I'll go back to my country next month and do i have to fridge my Marby? Can i fridge both of them for a month without food (but my friend help me to do the water change everyday)
I would really appreciate if you guys can help me :(
Sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• IMG_7189.jpg
    IMG_7189.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 918
  • IMG_7191.jpg
    IMG_7191.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 303
Hi guys i'm a new member
I'm having 2 axolotls for nearly 2 months now. I'm currently living and studying in Japan.
About my axolotls, I keep them together in 10 gallons tank (I'll upgrade it when i come back to Japan) and treat them with bloodworms cube everyday.
Yesterday i noticed that my Marby lose a small part in his tail tip (look like it got burned or damaged by the fungus) but my Alby still doing fine. I can't figure the reason. My tank is very hot (about 20-25 degrees) but i have no choice because i can't afford a chiller or find a better place for the tank. It's about a month now and i "think" that my axolotls got used to the temp and there's no stress sign. When i bought my axolotls, Marby seemed older than Alby but now Alby grew bigger than his friend. Lately Marby eats less than his friend and i think he got sick or something.
I'll go back to my country next month and do i have to fridge my Marby? Can i fridge both of them for a month without food (but my friend help me to do the water change everyday)
I would really appreciate if you guys can help me :(
Sorry for my bad English.

If one is bigger than the other then most likely one but the other one. If two axolotls are the same size then they will bite at each other but they wont do much damage. But of they are different sizes then the bigger one will do a bit of damage to the smaller one.

Maybe buy a tank divider until they are a similar size.

There are things you can do to lower the temperature without buying a chiller. A regular fan will help lower the temperature by a few degrees, which can mean life or death for your axies. Whatever you can do to control ambient temperature in the room will also make a difference. In an emergency, some even use frozen water bottles. Please don't give up on maintaining their living conditions within safe range!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rreu: z +1
    Back