Big tiny worm problem (Rhabdocoela)

Morrison

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
For months I thought I had an overdose of planaria in my tank. These worm things are still there in two of my tanks. But they're all over the place. MADNESS! Disturbing too. I can't take a good look in my tanks without getting irritated because of all the white squirmy things on the glass. Hideous!

I've used Flubenol. But it didn't work. When I took a closer look he worms looked different. This is not planaria. This is Rhabdocoela. I'm really sure about this. And they can't be killed with Flubenol. Which explains everything.

They're harmless. I know. But I really REALLY want to get rid of these nasties. My tanks look hideous, they're all over the glass. Sitting there and looking funny...

I don't overfeed my axies. I clean up poo and other leftovers immediately. I've probably infected my other tank with the ones in my main tank.

I can wipe them off the glass or siphon them out but it's not working.

Is there a treatment? Something to get rid of them? Axie save please.

Most harmless tank invaders boom and bust. Why not just let them run their cycle? People take such drastic action to get rid of harmless animals and do more harm than good. Salamanders don't live in pristine bottled water in the wild, why expect them to live like that in in your house? When you get invaders its a sign that you are replicating a healthy ecosystem, if somethings not broke don't fix it. Salamanders are cold, slimy, primordial things. They tend to hang out with other folks like them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • mynewtnameddettie:
    Is my newt okay if I poke it? I think I accidentally poked him too hard and I'm worried I hurt him. Help lol
    +1
    Unlike
  • Michelle1981:
    Hello, I’m looking for fire bellied newts that will ship to Ontario, Canada. Are there any captive breeders here? I’ve had many in the past and I’m looking to get a pair for my 12 yr old. I will be the care taker!
    +1
    Unlike
  • jcjchdjdj:
    What are good worms for axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    Hello. I’m looking for some input. My axolotl is about 7 months old. I came home and her gills are completely white. I was reading that they do shed around this age. Could this be why her gills are white? The ph is 6.5-7. Nitrates are 80 Nitrites 0.5
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieCrazy:
    My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple of pellets to see if she would eat. One hit her head and she flipped out. Started darting all around the tank. Temp, ammonia, nitrates are all in range. Anyone know why this is happening? I pu
    +1
    Unlike
    AxieCrazy: My axolotl’s gills have turned completely white. she is about 7 months old. I fed her a couple... +1
    Back