Photo: Axies came in today! (pic intensive)

Markw

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well today, i got in 4 axies. 1 Gold, 1 Leucistic, 1 Melanoid, and 1 Wildtype. They are all in my 20gal long tank posted in a different thread. They are doing great so far. Updates later, for now, here are some pics:

1 Leucistic
DSC_0968.jpg

2 Gold
CSC_0964.jpg

3 Melanoid
1.jpg

4 Wildtype right from the bag, head dived into the sand
DSC_0945.jpg

5 Again, they wyldtype
DSC_0947.jpg

6 Melanoid
DSC_0948.jpg

7 Wildtype swimming
DSC_0949.jpg

8 Melanoid
DSC_0951.jpg

9 Gold swimming
DSC_0952.jpg

10 Melanoid and Gold
DSC_0955.jpg

Tell me what you think.
Mark

Last edited:
They will quickly outgrow a 20 gallon tank. They all look wonderful and please post pics as they grow i love axies and wish they were still legal in California.

Adorable little axolotls! You must be so proud. I'm sure they will love their beautiful tank. I also agree with MikeM, start saving for another tank now they grow quickly :)

I know, I have a 55gal long in waiting for them once they outgrow this. Here are some more pics of the gold:

untitled1.jpg

untitled12.jpg

Mark

:D WOW awesome selection!! That gold one is beautiful!!

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing the photos. They are very well taken! I must say a large part of that is also attributed to the photogenic models.

Have you considered entering your photos in the calender competition?

Cheers.

Congratulation for getting these pretty, little axies! :D They are looking so nice:love:, I love all your pics and I would like to see a daily Photo-session about their development.:wacko::D

Oh Mark, they are all so beautiful!

I'm sure they'll all have you wrapped around their little fingers...*cough*...I mean 'gills' in no time at all ;).

They're all so stunning - their gills look perfect! You've got some proper little models there :happy:

They all look really nice and healthy,your great photos show them off well.:cool:

They will quickly outgrow a 20 gallon tank. They all look wonderful and please post pics as they grow i love axies and wish they were still legal in California.

Is it illegal to own an axie in California? Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will just repeat what everyone has said, they are gorgeous!

I can't get over the length of the gills on the gold one!

I wonder if it will have lovely long gills once it matures?

Have you thought of names yet?

is it illegal to own an axie in California? Why?
Mainly because if they're released they threaten the already rare A. Californese - I beleive that's the main reason but don't quote me on it.

Stunning animals you've got there Mark, best of luck with the little guys.

Thanks everyone so much! Tell me your favorites and Ill be sure to enter them in the contest. The leucistic has eluded pictures until today. Ill post them later. Thanks again and keep 'em coming!

Mark

Looking good.
I think the Leucistic one looks, well, sweet. hehe x

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a video of them eating. Its handheld with my D90, so bear with my shakiness.

EDIT: The links not working. Ill figure it out and post it later.

Thanks for looking.
Mark

Ok, well heres the link to the video. I will try to get the embeded to work in a bit. I dont know if it would show up in the post preview or not, but its not, so I didnt post it. But, heres the link to it. If I can get hte embedded to work, I will post it. But, until then, tell me what you think!(...again...some more...=] )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IYFR62z4xU

Mark

EDIT: just kidding. The link brought up, what I thought was, the embedded version of it. Either way, theres the video. Watch it. Tell me more of your opinions. Please and thank you. =]

Mark

Wow. I wish I was you *jealous*. They are all gorgeous! I've been longing to get a gold axie. Nice camera work too, I wish I had a decent camera :( what kind of camera do you use?
Once again, I agree with everyone else, they are simply adorable, especially number 4 ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back